- Lead by example. Make the first donation yourself so that people see that you really believe in the cause.
- Make it personal. Send handwritten or emailed messages to friends, family, and business associates. Ask them to ask their employer to match their donation, doubling their gift. Always send a thank you note to donors telling them how much you appreciate their support.
- Share an Angel Flight NE story. This site has several videos that showcase Angel Flight NE and patients that they help. This is a great way to draw people in emotionally to the charity you are supporting. Tell them to have a box of tissues handy.
- Track your progress. Put up a chart of your training and fundraising progress thermometer in your workplace or community center. You could even put up a map of your route and auction off miles, kilometers, or sections.
- Be visible. Customize your email signature by adding a direct link to your Personal Webpage. Ask to be featured in your company or organization’s newsletter or internal website.
- Remember holidays and special occasions. In lieu of gifts, ask that a donation be made to your Ride for Angels fundraising effort.
- Use corporate team support. Ask a company executive in your office to send an endorsement memo announcing that he/she is participating in the Ride for Angels. Look into matching gift policies.
- Get people involved – don’t take it all on yourself. Ask friends if they would be willing to sell raffle tickets, bake for a bake sale, or help otherwise. This is a great way for people who cannot make a monetary donation to get involved. If you know of an independent distributor (of houseware items for example), negotiate hosting a show at your home or office with a percentage of the sales being donated to your fundraising goal.
- Know the cause, and be prepared to answer questions. Know who is benefiting from their donations: Children and adults that need access to life changing medical care. Visit www.angelflightne.org for more info.
- Set your goal high – make it fun, be creative, and see where it takes you.
REMINDER: The individual who raises the most money will receive 2 Round Trip Airline Tickets from Jet Blue for anywhere they fly within the Continental United States.
* All fundraising prizes are subject to change without notification.
** Please note that participants reaching a certain benchmark, but do not get selected for a prize from the raffle within their fundraising level will then be included in the lower benchmarks raffle as well.